I have been selling at fairs and events over the last few years. Over this time I have picked up a few tips which I wanted to share with anyone who has a product or service they are looking to take to an event.
- Do your research on the event you are attending. Who is the organiser? How long has the event been running? What is the expected footfall? This helps you to gauge how much stock you will need, and how well organised the event will be.
- Take your own food and drink. You’re there to make money not spend it.
- Take 2 different pairs of shoes of different heights if its going to be a long day.
- Have a float and invest in a card machine so you don’t lose out on any sales.
- Find out exactly what space you have. Utilise the height of the space if it’s a small area.
- If you are going to have a white background then find something to fill it. I saw a variety of backgrounds at the last fair including wallpaper and shower curtains. Find what works best for your stall.
- Have a selection of flyers and business cards to hand out. A lady selling candles and room sprays sprayed each one and handed them to everyone passing by
- Smile and enjoy 🙂 When you are passionate about your products or service it really comes through
If there are any other tips that you have please feel free to add them in the comments below