I set up NRG Healing in 2017, when I knew my husband and I were going to get divorced. I wanted a flexible business that worked around my two children, and I wanted to do what I love. Crystals, Reiki, Himalayan Salt, helping people, teaching and exploring natural alternatives to medicine.
I’m not going to lie, it was tough. Nearly every evening I spent working; What was my website going to look like? How do I use Twitter? What on earth is Instagram? Do I need an accountant? It is a steep learning curve as you have to learn so many things aside from what you are most passionate about.
I have been to various networking events and training sessions with experts in their field. I have learnt from some extremely strong women who I would call my mentors. These ladies have not only helped me acquire new business skills, but also been able to share their life experiences with me too, which have been a great help.
My top 10 tips for surviving your first year in business
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and use people as sounding boards.
- Running your own business can take up a LOT of your time. Remember to plan in some you time too, daily, weekly and monthly. If I know I have big fairs coming up I will give myself a day off before or afterwards to recover
- Be realistic about what you can achieve
- Collect peoples’ email addresses with their permission
- Surround yourself with positive, supportive people who believe in you and your business
- Sometimes when we think our business is going a certain direction, a curve ball is thrown in. Go with your gut, if it feels right to do something different do it 🙂
- Your passion in your business will shine through so perservere, perservere and perservere
- If you need to outsource something choose the thing you are really not great at, be it accounts, marketing or social media
- Finally be yourself, people appreciate authenticity and someone being themselves.
When you are passionate about your business and what you want to do it will grow and succeed. Sometimes it takes patience! Since I first wrote this my business has changed. I now work as a psychic medium and intuitive assisting women through their spiritual awakening. Your business may change too and if it does roll with it. Wishing you every success with your businessx
If you want to sign up for my newsletter just complete the form below:-