I didn’t even know Ascension Flu was a thing until yesterday! I had taken myself off for a walk in the woods as I try to do most days. I wasn’t feeling particularly great but wasn’t sure why. In my mind I asked if I had the onset of flu. I was told ‘ascension sickness’ What on earth is that? I came home and tweeted asking if it was a thing. Tumbleweed. I decided to google it and found that several bloggers had written about it and one author, Brigid Delaney, had written about it for the Guardian.
What is Ascension Flu?
Ascension flu occurs when our physical bodies fail to keep up with our spiritual growth. We are aligning with energies and frequencies which may not have been felt before. As we head towards 2020 we are entering a new phase of being and that can affect us physically. We may not feel well, but not really sure why. We may go to the doctors, they may run tests and nothing. It is as if you have the actual ‘flu’ but different. Below are some of the symptoms.
What are the symptoms of Ascension Flu?
- Pains and aches within the body that can’t be explained by a doctor
- Hot flashes through the body
- Waking up through the night and not being able to go back to sleep, or if you do only for a couple of hours
- Extremely vivid dreams
- A change in diet
- Headaches- Our 3rd eye chakra and pineal gland may be opening, allowing us to connect to ourselves and the other side.
- Sore throat- For many of us we have kept quiet about the work we do and maybe even our beliefs, hiding them from friends and family. Our throat chakra is the place where we communicate from. As our energies ascend we are more likely to share these beliefs with others.
- Ringing in ears- this is opening up our clairaudience.
- Sensitivity to noise ( really felt this yesterday with my 5yo daughter!)
- Cravings for particular types of foods. I haven’t eaten nachos in years then had them twice in one week! Eat what your body wants you to eat. Some of us may comfort eat at this time as we want to protect our solar plexus area
- Crying for no reason. I have never cried as much as I have the last 4-6 weeks. Sobbing my heart out at the wheel of my car whilst singing to Ellie Goulding.
- Gritty or blurry eyes
- Skin issues
We aren’t just a physical body, we are energy bodies and with that we carry around a lot of information within and around our bodies. We are healing not only our ‘stuff’ that has happened in this lifetime but we are also healing our past life ‘stuff’, our ancestors ‘stuff’ so is it any wonder we have physical symptoms of releasing these energy blockages that we have been carrying around for a lifetime?
How can you get through Ascension flu?
The biggest tip I would say is to be kind to yourself. If you have a daily routine of meditating or yoga carry on. If not you might want to think about how you can implement these into your life. Take nana naps if you can. Even a 10 minute snooze in the car before you pick your kids up from school can help. Go to bed early. Eat what you feel like eating. Ask your body, is this what my body needs right now? Allow yourself to go with the flow. The benefits of ascension flu is that once this has passed you will be more aligned energetically, and this will cause a ripple effect to your family and friends and loved ones around you.
If you have read this and enjoyed it please do come and join my FREE online community http://www.facebook.com/groups/ConsciousnessArising
Have you experienced Ascension Flu? I would love to hear from you!